April is stress awareness month but managing the stress in your life can be challenging. One of the best ways to combat the signs of stress - insomnia, eating disorders, anxiety, panic attacks, and circulatory problems, is to getaway.
1. Travel reduces stress. A heart study showed that women who took only one vacation every six years or less were almost 8 times more likely to have a heart attack. Men who didn't take vacation had a 32% higher chance of dying from a heart attack then those who did take vacations.
2. Travel offers improved performance and rest. A sleep study showed within 2-3 days of starting vacation participants sleep an average of an hour longer, and their reaction times improved 80%.
3. Travel can save you time and money. You will save money in the long run on medical bills, sick days, and the illnesses caused by stress that can take over your life.
It is easy to see why an overwhelming number of people who travel at least once a year feel they are happier and more fulfilled.
Top 3 Ways to Reduce Stress While Traveling
Deciding to go on vacation to reduce stress is one of the best things you can do for yourself, however it can be stressful. 44% of American's feel flying is stressful, and 41% feel it is frustrating. To keep stress from taking over your vacation you can do the following:
1. Consider your destination carefully. Think about whether or not you want to be with a group, and how active you want to be;
2. Arrive at the airport early and pack light to avoid any delays or issues at the security checkpoints; and
3. Have the right attitude. No matter what happens remember you are on vacation. Take a deep breath and relax.
On the web: www.CmpTravelCounselor.com