Prepared by Corporate Chef Rebecca Wauldron
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into ½" wedges
8 ounces whole carrots, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
8 ounces parsnips peeled and sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
8 ounces baby redskin potatoes, cleaned and sliced into ½" wedges
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 cup dry uncooked quinoa, rinsed well
1 ¾ cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the red onion, carrot, parsnip, and redskin potatoes in a large bowl. Add one tablespoon of the oil and the salt and toss the vegetables to coat.
3. Spread vegetables out onto one or two parchment or foil lined baking sheets. Do not crowd the vegetables. Place the vegetables in the oven and roast until they are tender, caramelized and browned. Usually this will take at least 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove the vegetables from the oven and place in a large bowl.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer in a medium sauce pan.
6. Add the quinoa to the broth, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for fifteen minutes. Drain off any excess liquid and place the quinoa in the bowl with the roasted vegetables.
7. Combine the remaining oil, rosemary, honey, and white balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables and toss to combine.
NOTE: No time to roast? Simply purchase Busch's Roasted Root Vegetables and follow the recipe from step five.