Plant Engineer -- Chicago Area, IL
Gateway International is a full line Outplacement -- Executive Coaching -- Assessment -- Talent Management -- HR Outsourcing organization.
This is a full time position is working for our Client Company in Chicago Area, IL
This is an "Exclusive Confidential Search"
The company is a global innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of protective packaging and performance--based materials essential to many consumer and industrial markets.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager this position will develop and drive Maintenance/Technical/Engineering to deliver and sustain profitable growth. It will establish and enable a consolidated process improvement program designed to integrate the business processes for continuously improving performance, using the Lean Initiative as the change methodology, which results in improved quality, efficiency and profitability for the company. Process improvement work will include improving safety and environmental performance, reducing energy requirements, incremental production increases, and product presentation improvement. It will work with highly talented and successful people to guide and reinforce a team of self-managed/achievement oriented maintenance technicians. A fundamental task will be to support and influence change and provide the direction and guidance for the team to ensure that the technical goals are met for critical manufacturing components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as a role model and be recognized as a leader and a technical/engineering expert.
• Provide technical guidance, training, and mentoring to team members as needed.
• Provides direction and guidance to team members to ensure that day-to-day technical support needs and goals are met.
• Communicate and work with appropriate personnel to support and achieve global/corporate goals and metrics.
• Develop maintenance/engineering budget plans and implement systems to capture, analyze and share the plant's key process indicators with team members.
• Assist production on a daily basis with processing problems.
• Assist Plant Manager with assigned projects.
• Supervise internal calibration of production equipment; coordinate external and
internal calibrations with vendors in a timely manner.
• Coordinate and evaluate plants trials.
• Work in a team environment with operators, mechanics, and exempt professionals.
• Provide process-engineering support to operations and maintenance organization.
• Consult with Plant Manager to establish strategic plans and objectives that identify goals, scheduling, risks, contingency plans, and allocation of resources for process improvement.
• Define and implement process improvements to improve operations and unit cost.
• Prepare and execute design packages that will improve safety and operability of the plant.
• Identify and prepare test authorizations and run plant tests in support of various experimental programs.
• Provide process-engineering support for project work.
• Plan and maintain schedules for major area projects.
• Analyze test data and define/lead projects to improve yield using sound statistics and DOE.
• Identify and improve data collection to investigate abnormal conditions and find root cause.
• Lead production teams to define and implement improvement projects for capacity, yield, cycle time, and cost.
• Integrate and standardize Six Sigma concepts and tools.
• Monitor performance and oversee internal, supplier, vendor and personnel process improvement through a tracking/scorecard mechanism/metrics.
• Review and implement engineering change orders affecting the production line
Internal Interaction Required With:
• Maintenance & Process Technicians
• Support Personnel (i.e., Production Control, RD&E, Training, Human Resources, Accounting/Finance, Quality, etc.)
External Interaction Required With:
• Customer (End User)
• Customer Service
Mechanics & technicians
• Leadership -- the ability to energize and direct technical/engineering initiatives.
• Teamwork -- understands the strength and importance of how team goals support the ultimate achievement of company goals
• Customer focus -- constantly works to exceed expectations and creates consistent value for customers
• Communication -- possesses strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates the ability to express thoughts / opinions with clarity, accuracy and attention to detail
• People Leadership/ coaching -- ability to provide effective and constructive feedback and jointly establish clear expectations
• Results focused -- shows a documented track record of consistently using data based decision making to achieve desired results
• Sound business judgment -- understands the overall picture and what drives the business
• Extensive technical experience/knowledge: (1) material & process specifications; (2) review & approval of engineering drawings for materials & processes; (3) test methods for process capability; (4) data analysis & report writing; (5) capital equipment procurement & maintenance; (6) leading and motivating a team of engineers & technicians in daily activities; and (7) budget control & estimating.
• 5-10 years process engineering or maintenance experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree Engineering Preferred (mechanical, electrical or chemical)
• Extensive printing, extrusion and converting systems knowledge and expertise
• 6 Sigma desired
• Change Control Leadership
• Able to operate with considerable latitude
• Able to work both independently and within a team, generating results with general/minimal guidance from management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with professional presentation and negotiation skills.
• Must be flexible, innovative and comfortable in setting own priorities
• Able to assimilate and understand new technologies (strong technical aptitude)
• Polished presentation, business acumen and facilitation skills
• Good understanding of lean manufacturing principles
• Good understanding of team based self-managing principles
• Experience with high volume operations
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Results oriented
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, process mapping, Six Sigma principles, and design of experiments.
Pay Rate: DOE
All respondents must be authorized to work in the U.S. No sponsorships are considered.
Our client company is an EOE
Please apply to https://gioip.iapplicants.com/application.php
Look for position labeled: "Plant Engineer -- Chicago Area, IL"
No phone calls please. Reference Job Code Number:
PE IL 0812-wc
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V that values a diverse workplace