A 72-year-old woman and her dog barely made it out of their Winter Springs home unharmed Monday night.
"A bolt of fire just hit my kitchen, and it put out the light and the TV," said Lois Edmunds, as she sat across the street at a neighbor's house watching her now charred home.
She grabbed her dog, her purse and her car.
"As soon as I pulled the car out over here, I turned around, and there was smoke billowing out of the roof and very bad flames," she said of the home she has lived in for more than 25 years.
Fire officials confirmed to FOX 35 that the cause of the fire was a lightning strike. They said the second floor of the home is a loss.
Lois said she has to find a new home for her and her dog, but said she "thanks God" they are both still alive.