Get this recipe courtesy of Chef Gabriel Vera from Lena in Ann Arbor.
- Break down your Cornish hen and reserve the legs and breast.
- In a small pot, cook 4-5 oz. of fingerling potatoes and set them aside once they're soft.
Preparing the mustard:
- Prepare a stock out of the Cornish hen bones, adding onions, celery carrots, thyme, garlic and parsley. Reduce the stock over high heat, strain, return to heat and add grainy Dijon mustard. Reduce the liquid until thickened.
- Sear the potatoes with butter, thyme and garlic.
- Sear the Cornish hen parts with butter, thyme and garlic.
- Finish the Cornish hen under the broiler
- Dress the dish as mustard
- Garnish with fresh micro cilantro