Job Title: Engagement Specialist (Health Coach)
Ask yourself this question: Are you ready to inspire change? If yes, then read on.
Who is Engaged Health Solutions (EHS)?
Engaged Health Solutions is a company that provides a unique and highly personalized approach to health and well-being. We believe that meaningful and sustained health and well-being improvement comes when people truly engage in their life. Each person has an 'on switch' for health. We want to help people find theirs. We need team members who are as committed to this idea as we are.
EHS was founded in November 2009 and is headquartered in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.
What is an Engagement Specialist (ES)?
We need outstanding coaches: individuals who are committed to getting their participants to engage in their health and well-being. That is why we call our coaches Engagement Specialists (ES). The goal of the ES is to develop an effective, trusted relationship with participants, understand what motivates them to make real, lasting changes to their health and well-being, and use that knowledge to support them throughout the process. The ES also leads a team of other health professionals (dietitian, trainer, etc.) who support the ES and participant within their areas of expertise. EHS has a defined process for how the team works with participants.
An ES is based in Chicago and travels to where our clients are located. ES can expect to travel approximately 50% of the time, the remainder of their time will be working from our Chicago office location.
Why Is this Position Appealing?
The opportunity to:
• Help numerous people improve their individual health and well-being
• Work with a team of people who are on a mission to make individuals healthier and happier
• Establish supportive and trusting relationships
• Provide insight and offer expertise to a rapidly growing organization
• Develop coaching and relationship building skills
A Candidate Who Will Inspire Us:
• You are able to use your intuition, listen and ask powerful questions to help individuals help make realistic, sustainable changes to their health and well-being
• You have a keen attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
• You love speaking in public and can inspire an audience
• You are able to think about and develop new tools and work processes
• You strive toward continual self-improvement
• You are excellent at multi-tasking, setting targets, and achieving them
• You are a positive thinker
• Typical successful applicants will hold or will have held positions such as: wellness coach, life coach, dietitian, exercise physiologist, social worker, or nurse
Education and skills
• Bachelor's degree. Health, social sciences or human service related field preferred
• A minimum three to five years experience working in some form of health, wellness or life coaching, counseling, health behavior change, disease management or similar field
• Understand the principles of coaching, behavior change, motivational interviewing, and addressing barriers to change
• Bilingual (read, write, and speak Spanish) is a plus
• Excellent communication skills including ability to listen well, ask effective questions and develop strong rapport with participants
• Experience working in a team environment including ability to communicate well with team members and a flexible, adaptable working style
• Must have competent computer technical skills
• A valid, current driver's license is required. Applicant must be willing to travel by car and air frequently
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the Engagement Specialist role and the location in the subject line of your email.
Visit us at www.engagedhealthsolutions.com.
EHS is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.