Unattended candle starts home ablaze - FOX 35 News Orlando

Unattended candle starts home ablaze

Posted: Updated:
EL MIRAGE, Ariz. -

An unattended candle sparked off a fire inside of an El Mirage home, which is now a total loss.

It happened late Saturday night at a home in the 14000 block of 3rd Ave in El Mirage.

One person was home at the time, and made it out safely. But unfortunately, the family's dog died in the blaze.

Authorities say the candle was inside of a glass jar. The liquid wax at the bottom of the jar was so hot, it caused the jar to shatter.

Now, all that's left is a burned-out shell of a home. The resident was attempting to clean things up Sunday.

Firefighters say the home did not have a smoke detector.

The start of the New Year is a good time to change your battery, the fire department advises.

Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices