Do good for your community while using your professional expertise and work with talented peers on a highly structured pro bono project! Taproot makes it easy to make a difference.
Taproot Foundation is a nonprofit organization that makes business talent available to organizations that are working to improve society. We engage marketing, technology, strategy, design, and HR management professionals on pro bono projects, called Service Grants that benefit local nonprofits. Our goal is to ensure that one day all organizations with promising solutions will be equipped to successfully take on urgent social challenges. To date, we have engaged close to 5,000 professionals on close to 2,000 pro bono projects benefiting education, health, environment, social service, and arts initiatives.
Now it's your turn to join the movement and Make It Matter ©.
Pro Bono Web Content Managers/Writers Needed
A Taproot Content Manager assists the nonprofit client in gathering, organizing, and creating copy for their website. The Content Manager creates some copy, but primarily assists the client in conducting a content audit, creating a content outline, and developing a content delivery plan. The Content Manager also advises on creative elements such as tone and style, empowering client staff to create effective web copy.
A successful pro bono Web Content Manager/Writer:
• Has 3+ years of experience managing and creating written materials
• Has management experience
• Has experience writing for the web
• Must have the ability to translate ideas and concepts into words
• Must be able to provide writing samples
A Service Grant project requires a 3-5 hour commitment each week over the course of approximately 6 months. This opportunity is flexible enough to work around the schedule of a full-time job.
• Meet a tremendous group of like-minded professionals
• Deepen your connection with your community
• Keep your skills sharp by applying them in the nonprofit sector
• Share your expertise with others
• Boost your resume and portfolio
• Stand out from others in your field
• Create lasting relationships
• Network with an active online community of professionals
Learn more and apply today: http://www.taprootfoundation.org/do-probono/individuals/apply