Traffic on Interstate 4 is slowly returning to normal this morning after no less than six major crashes on Interstate 4 created a gridlock for Central Florida commuters.
All roadways are now clear and flowing, reports Fox 35 traffic anchor Liz Horton, though commuters may experience residual slowness in areas near previous crashes. Earlier this morning:
* At I-4 and State Road 408, the on-ramp was closed due to a crash.
* At I-4 at the Florida's Turnpike interchange, a reported crash involving a tractor-trailer and pickup truck had three lanes blocked.
* At westbound I-4 near Michigan Street, all lanes of traffic were closed earlier due to multiple crashes.
* Lanes were shut down near eastbound I-4 and Orange Blossom Trail.
* At eastbound I-4 and Princeton, a reported three-vehicle crash closed lanes of I-4.
* At eastbound I-4 at Par Street, Orange County Fire Rescue and Orlando Fire were on the scene of a crash in which a FedEx truck spilled diesel fuel at Par, creating several accidents.
* The ramp from S.R. 528 to westbound I-4 was closed due to a crash.
* Seminole County Fire Rescue was on the scene of a crash that closed westbound lanes of I-4 at S.R. 436 in Altamonte Springs.
* At 472 at I-4 in Volusia County, north of Deltona, a deputy was involved in a crash.
35 Skyline DriveLake Mary, FL 32746
Phone: (407) 644-3535News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35