NEW YORK (AP) - The death of an 83-year-old Staten Island man last year is now being called a homicide.
The Staten Island Advance reports that the city medical examiner's office says Steven Mario Carnesi took a fatal dose of a chemical found in antifreeze.
Carnesi died in his home in the Charleston section of the borough on May 24.
On Dec. 10, the newspaper says the medical examiner officially ruled his death a homicide by "propylene glycol intoxication."
The newspaper says a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office would not comment on the case.
Information from: Staten Island Advance, http://www.silive.com
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.