FedEx worker struck and killed in NJ - FOX 35 News Orlando

FedEx worker struck and killed in NJ

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A carrier for Federal Express was struck and killed by a minivan in Woodbridge, N.J., on Friday, confirmed officials from the shipping company.

The deadly incident occurred at about 9:30 a.m. at New Dover Road and Fairview Avenue.

Police identified the FedEx worker as William Convery III, 43, of South Bound Brook, N.J. He was standing near his FedEx delivery truck when a 2005 Dodge Caravan slammed into him and his truck, authorities said.

The force of the crash pushed the FedEx truck onto the front lawn of a nearby home.

SkyFoxHD was over the scene a short time later where a sheet could be seen over a body near a dark colored SUV.

FedEx officials issued a statement offering condolences to the family of the driver.

An autopsy will be performed by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner's Office.

The driver of the Dodge was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, where he was listed in critical condition, authorities said.

Police and the prosecutor's office are investigating.

If you witnessed the crash, please call Officer Stephen Botti of the Woodbridge Police Department at (732) 634-7700 or Investigator Sean O'Lone of the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office at (732) 745-3315.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Man charged for the overdose death of Hillsborough resident on Christmas Eve

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:38 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:38:39 GMT

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

    A Bridgewater man has been charged with the death of a 22-year-old Hillsborough resident who overdosed on Heroin Christmas Eve morning, according to nj.com.

  • East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    East Hanover man admits exposing himself to child

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:34:55 GMT
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
    An East Hanover man previously convicted of child endangerment pleaded guilty Wednesday to exposing himself to another child on several occasions when she was between the ages of 4 and 6. Kenneth Lull, 48, who has been in jail since 2008, received a three-year suspended sentence under the plea agreement, according to NJ.com.
  • FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    FEMA chief questioned over Sandy claims

    Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.Hurricane Sandy damage in Mantoloking, N.J.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
    The head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency has asked an independent watchdog to examine whether the flood-insurance program is shortchanging Superstorm Sandy victims.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices