Funeral held for 6-year-old boy run down by truck - FOX 35 News Orlando

Funeral held for 6-year-old boy run down by truck

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Family and friends held a funeral Sunday for a young boy run down by a truck in Harlem as he was heading to school Thursday morning.

6-year-old Amar Diarrassouba's small casket was brought inside the Masid Aqsa mosque as his parents stood by along with crying mourners.

Amar was killed Thursday morning as he walked to his school near 117th Street and First Avenue when he was hit by a turning truck around 8:00 a.m.

Police say the crossing guard Flavia Roman, who was assigned to that intersection, was not at the location. Roman has been suspended without pay for 30 days because of the incident.

Authorities are still investigating the accident, but Roman has not been charged with a crime.

Amar's mother, Mehichata said Roman was welcome to attend the funeral, but Roman's lawyer said she did not plan to attend.

The boy was buried at Mount Prospect Cemetery in Neptune, NJ.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest

    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
    Actor Alec Baldwin is not apologizing over an incident that led to a disorderly conduct arrest in May.
  • Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Lawyers working to resolve LaBeouf's theater arrest

    Thursday, July 24 2014 12:35 PM EDT2014-07-24 16:35:07 GMT
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
    Lawyers say they are trying to resolve Shia LaBeouf's disorderly conduct case stemming from an incident at a Broadway show last month. Prosecutors and LaBeouf's lawyer told a judge Thursday that they're exploring an agreement to resolve the case. LaBeouf was arrested after he allegedly disrupted a performance of "Cabaret" starring Alan Cumming. He is due back in court Sept. 10.
  • Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Another video shows NYPD cop putting man in choke hold

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 10:08 PM EDT2014-07-24 02:08:13 GMT
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
    The NYPD is investigating another apparent choke-hold incident during a recent arrest that was captured on video. The video shows a police officer putting a man in a choke hold and then punching him in the face in a subway station in Harlem, police said. A community activist said he received the new video but never had any intention of releasing it to the media.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices