With the White House in the cross hairs and the U.S. Capitol exploding in flames, North Korea rolled out a four minute-long video, threatening the U.S. with rockets and propaganda-laced language.
One caption proclaimed "The White House is caught in the panoramic sight of a long-range missile."
"The United States will not accept North Korea as a nuclear state. Nor will we stand by while it seeks to develop a nuclear-armed missile that can target the United States," Jay Carney White House Press Secretary said.
Pyongyang is angry over U.S.-South Korean war games and United Nations sanctions meant to punish the nation for its third nuclear test on February 12th.
In order to further safeguard the U.S., the Pentagon says it will add fourteen interceptors to the nation's missile defense system.
Twenty-six are already in place.
The price tag? One billion dollars.
"The reason we're advancing our program here for homeland security is to not take any chance," stated Chuck Hagel, Secretary of Defense.
While referencing those missile defense plans, China issuing a stern warning Monday, urging Washington to act with consideration.
"Strengthening anti-missiles will intensify antagonism," Hong Lei, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman stated.
During last week's senate panel hearing on global threats to the U.S., when pressed on the threat from Pyongyang the director of national intelligence offered a sobering assessment.
James Clapper, National Intelligence Director stated, "The rhetoric, while it is propaganda-laced, is also an indicator of their attitude and perhaps their intent. So for my part, I am very concerned about what they might do."
The interceptor expansion had originally been proposed by the Bush administration - until President Obama stopped it in 2009.