The Assessment Program at AIR is a well-regarded and rapidly growing organization. We provide our state-level clients with customized assessments that measure student achievement against state standards and provide meaningful score reports that can help students, parents, and educators address any areas of student weakness. Our environment is fast-paced and requires people at all levels who are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done on time while maintaining high quality.
We are currently seeking Curriculum Specialists for English Language Arts (ELA), Math, and Science to join our Learning Point Navigator (LPN) Curriculum Content Team. LPN is a new teaching and learning support tool. It is designed to provide teachers and students with resources in an online environment after identifying strengths and weaknesses through our summative and formative assessments. Curriculum Specialists will help develop and edit instruction, videos, interactives, lesson plans, and assessment items. The LPN Curriculum Content Team is based in Chicago, IL.
• Review, analyze, and synthesize open-source core subject area content. Use these open sources to construct open-source ELA, Math, or Science curricula for grades K--12;
• Align curriculum and assessment material to subject-specific standards;
•Review and edit assessment items and accompanying student-facing feedback, providing feedback to lead on the quality of initial items;
• Provide support to districts and teachers on how to use open-source curricula and AIR's online platform;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of services being provided and make recommendations for change as required;
• Contribute to the distribution and implementation of the AIR platform and open-source libraries.
• Master's degree in English, math, science or education-related discipline with 3+ years K--12 teaching experience, or Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience.
• Additional relevant work experience to include a combination of aligning, evaluating, and developing teaching and learning materials in a professional environment.
• Previous experience and facility with online materials and environments.
• Must possess strong organizational and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated proficiencies in writing, conceptualizing, and analyzing.
• High level of interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
• Ability to travel as required.
Preferred: specific experience in teaching high school mathematics, including probability and statistics.
Preferred: specific experience teaching elementary science or Earth science.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, subsidized garage parking, and tuition assistance.
For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to http://jobs-airdc.icims.com?&sn=craigslist.org and conduct a job title search. EOE.