JOB TITLE: Chef Instructor, Savory
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Non-Exempt, Regular
REPORTS TO: Resident Chef
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Chef Instructor, Savory delivers a rich learning experience through hands-on instruction and executes class curriculum within the Culinary Program. This role is responsible for an exceptional experience for customers by creating a fun, interactive learning environment that inspires the home chef. Additionally, the Chef Instructor, Savory is a key driver in store sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (including, but not limited to)
• Teach classes as directed by the Resident Chef
• Create menus and write recipes as needed or as directed by Resident Chef
• Provide direction and feedback to the culinary staff during classes to ensure successful classroom operations and an outstanding, educational experience for customers.
• Maintain kitchen operations and the highest standards of cleanliness
• Ensure adherence to applicable National, State and Local Health and Safety codes
• Drive retail sales by highlighting products before, during and after classes
• Support Resident Chef in marketing and promoting culinary program
• Maintain awareness and apply knowledge of culinary trends and local influences
• Adjust teaching style to meet needs of class participants including adults, teens and children and a varied of experience levels
• Demonstrate passion for cooking, entertaining and Sur La Table products
• Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing to multiple audiences
• Shop for ingredients and supplies as needed
• May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer
• May Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc. in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks
SETTING THE TABLE FOR SUCCESS
Sur La Table Core competencies for everyone:
• Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers
• Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere
• Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action
• Take Ownership: you are committed, responsible and provide solutions
• Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations
REQUIREMENTS: (including, but not limited to)
• 2+ years' experience as providing professional instruction
• 2+ years' professional experience or Degree in Culinary Arts
• Retail sales experience (preferred)
• Available to work as business dictates including nights and weekends.
• Must be 21 or older
• Able to stand at least 5 hours at a time
• Able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
Please apply at www.surlatable.com
Crystal Lake Marine is in seek of a energetic, career minded individual who can work within all facets of the boat upholstery industry.
Dillon Transport, a financially stable and growing trucking company is seeking a hands-on supervisor.
JCL Bioassay USA, Inc. is seeking a Research Analyst responsible for conducting lab activities in accordance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory guidelines under guidance from Senior Analysts and Principal Investigator.