Job title: Cook
Department: Food & Beverage
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Chef, Sous Chef, or Supervisor on duty
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, Shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful cook is technically competent in food preparation and production, contributes to general galley operations including receiving and storing provisions, is hospitable and cordial to coworkers and guests, and acts safely and responsibly.
• Inspect food preparation and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary fool-handling practices
• Provide exceptional hospitality to coworkers and guests as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS).
• Prepare high-quality food following prescribed recipes and production specifications.
• Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service.
• Receive and store food and supplies using proper food handling techniques including stock rotation and monitoring temperatures of perishable products
• Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors
• Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
• Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
• Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty.
The successful Cook will enable professional and prompt food service, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of assigned duties. Performance will be measured by management evaluation, and peer feedback. High performers will be selected to learn new skills; compensation will reflect an employee's overall contribution to the operation.
To see full job description and to apply online, please click here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH07/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENTERTAINMENTCRUISES&cws=1&rid=439
• At least two (2) years previous kitchen experience required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Will be closely supervised; must be able to take direction
• Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests
• Will work for extended periods without sitting
• Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and large containers of prepared foods
• The nature of the work may be strenuous and the work environment may be warm
• Per maritime law, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident