A 3-year-old boy almost drowned in the surf near Daytona Beach as his family watched fireworks Thursday night, authorities said.
The boy was unresponsive in the surf near Daytona Beach Shores when found by a bystander during the Fourth of July fireworks show, Volusia County Beach Safety Ocean Rescue Capt. Tammy Marris said.
Rescue crews were able to revive the boy, and he was breathing and conscious when taken to Halifax Hospital in Daytona Beach.
35 Skyline DriveLake Mary, FL 32746
Phone: (407) 644-3535News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35