Position Title: Trading Operations Engineer
Department: Information Technology
We are looking for self-motivated, sharp technical individuals to join our team of engineers who provide operational solutions for our trading systems. The role is highly valued and critical to our fast-paced growing environment. Candidates need to have great communication skills and a positive attitude. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are good problem solvers and who can work effectively under pressure.
- Support trading systems by identifying, diagnosing, researching and coordinating solutions to operational issues
- Set up and maintain monitoring tools on server hardware and software, utilizing a combination of in-house and third-party tools to manage/maintain stability on servers and software
- Certification of new exchange links, including FIX and other protocols
- Maintain production trading system including databases (where appropriate), transaction servers, gateways, web servers
- Work with vendors (Exchanges, ECNs, etc.) to resolve production issues
- Assist with resolving clearing issues
- Create and maintain performance reports for individual customers and the system as a whole
- Maintain documentation of support processes, ongoing technical issues, and workarounds
- Must have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of scripting and/or programming language concepts
- Working knowledge of any of these technologies is preferred: FIX protocol, SQL, Automate,
NetIQ AppManager, LUA, Python, regular expressions, PHP, DOS
- Understanding of trading industry concepts and terminology is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering major is preferred
Based in Chicago, Wolverine Execution Services, LLC (WEX), a subsidiary of Wolverine Trading, LLC, offers clients multiple venues of execution. WEX offers four venues of execution via proprietary electronic trading platform, direct floor access, institutional trading desk and proprietary equity and option algorithms. WEX provides our clients who are seeking execution for stock and ETFs, options and futures with anonymity, superior execution quality and sophisticated order management. By employing an experienced team of institutional traders with a strong presence in the U.S. equity markets, WEX's expertise is focused on finding the best execution, while minimizing market impact.
Founded in 1994, Wolverine is a diversified financial institution specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and workforce. Wolverine is headquartered in Chicago, with branch offices in New York, San Francisco, and London.
Click here http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WOLVE&cws=1&rid=69 or visit the careers sections of www.wolve.com