3 busted in bogus cell phone theft claims - FOX 35 News Orlando

3 busted in bogus cell phone theft claims

Posted: Updated:

PATERSON, N.J. (AP) -- Authorities say a boast on Facebook led to the arrest of three northern New Jersey man accused of filing bogus cellphone theft insurance claims.

The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office says the men submitted $160,000 worth of fraudulent claims between 2009 and last month.

The Record newspaper reports the prosecutor's office says 43-year-old Peter Mancuso of Nutley, 32-year-old Roger Davila of Passaic and 26-year-old Caesar Berrios of Passaic sold the replacement phones over the Internet.

Officials say Davila boasted about the scheme on Facebook.

The three are charged with insurance fraud, theft by deception, selling stolen goods and conspiracy.

It's not clear if the men have lawyers.

  • New Jersey NewsNew Jersey NewsMore>>

  • Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Crash in Lincoln Tunnel causes major delays

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:33:28 GMT
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
    One of the tubes of the Lincoln Tunnel was closed for nearly four hours after a chain-reaction accident involving a New York-bound jitney bus and two other vehicles. Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Steve Coleman says three people were reported injured in the accident in the center tube at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

  • $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    $2.4B Revel casino shuts down after just 2 years

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 10:47 AM EDT2014-09-02 14:47:40 GMT
    Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)Revel in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (Photo courtesy Revel Entertainment)
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market.
    Revel Casino Hotel closed its doors Tuesday morning, a little more than two years after opening with high hopes of turning around Atlantic City's struggling casino market. The 5:25 a.m. casino shutdown followed the closure of its hotel on Monday. By mid-September, four of Atlantic City's 12 casinos will have closed, but none will be a costlier failure than Revel.
  • Revel Casino Hotel starts closing in Atlantic City

    Revel Casino Hotel starts closing in Atlantic City

    Monday, September 1 2014 5:16 PM EDT2014-09-01 21:16:28 GMT
    Photo by Arun Kristian DasPhoto by Arun Kristian Das
    The most spectacular and costly failure in Atlantic City's 36-year history of casino gambling begins to play out Monday when the $2.4 billion Revel Casino Hotel empties its hotel.
    Atlantic City's newest casino and its costliest failure has begun its two-day shutdown.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices