The iconic Cinderella Castle is the symbol of Magic Kingdom park in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
The Walt Disney Co. is discontinuing its unlimited front-of-the-line access to disabled park visitors at its theme parks, citing abuse of the "Guest Assistance Card" program.
The program, which allows disabled visitors to use cards to skip lines, will come to an end on October 9 and be replaced with a system similar to the "FastPass," where guests are given return times for rides.
The new system will be used at both Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif.
"We have an unwavering commitment to making our parks accessible to all guests," said Disney spokesperson Kathleen Prihoda. "Given the increasing volume of requests we receive for special access to our attractions, we are changing our process to create a more consistent experience for all our guests while providing accommodations for guests with disabilities."
Prihoda added that Disney engaged disability groups to develop the new process.
Currently, visitors unable to wait in the regular line can get backdoor access to rides or go through the exit and wait in a shorter line.
Earlier in the year it was reported in the New York Post that some deep-pocketed New York City moms had hired a motorized scooter-bound guide to pose as a family member so they and their kids could jump to the front of the lines.
Disney officials said more details will be released after park employees are briefed on the new rules.