Supervisor Title: Accounting Manager
NewGround is a leading brand, design, and build firm with two key divisions: the financial services industry and an emerging healthcare division. For 100 years, NewGround has been the provider of progressive solutions through the integration of their core operating areas: Build and Design, Retail Services, and Digital Signage and Content. Our mantra is "It's all about the people." So we're proud of the fact we have little turnover and are able to attract some of the best and brightest consulting, architecture, design, construction, branding, retail and creative talent in our industry. The caliber of the people we hire says something about our commitment to quality, our integrity, and our desire to excel.
• Senior Accountant provides various accounting functions primarily related to construction project accounting as well as general accounting supporting all six companies
• This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including maintaining and monitoring all purchase orders and subcontractor invoices by project number, time entry, bank reconciliation, accounts payable and 401k reporting
• 2 to 5 years of experience in corporate accounting working as a staff accountant
• Strong self-directed communication skills both written and verbal. The Senior Accountant will have contact with senior-level managers, accountants at all sites and the controllers.
• Experience with reconciling to general ledger accounts.
• Construction or Percent Complete experience preferred
• Professional & Positive Behavior
• Customer Service Attitude
• Focus on Accuracy
• Teamwork Mentality
• Processing subcontractor invoices and purchase orders in Microsoft Dynamics SL.
• Maintaining project documentation and reconciling costs and revenue with budget numbers.
• Preparing invoices for Canada customers.
• Reconciling Canadian projects final costs and revenue with budget numbers.
• Processing checks for subcontractor invoices and purchase orders once a week.
• Providing back up for processing AP checks for all companies.
• Entering hours from time sheets into payroll for three companies.
• Supporting Accounting Manager in completing Final Invoices for NewGround
• Maintaining various Excel reports.
• Performing other routine accounting tasks as needed (e.g. balance sheet reconciliations).
• Must have good communications skills and be self-motivated
• Must be an advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
• Experience in construction working with contractors is highly desirable
• Experience with a large ERP automated accounting system is a plus
• BA/BS in accounting or business
Chicago, IL (Arlington Heights) - local talent only
NewGround's operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
NewGround's reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. For permanent positions, we offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including Medical and Dental plans, 401K Retirement Plan with company match, Life insurance (benefit paid by employer), company provided Short-term Disability, (401K with company match), 10 paid vacation days per year with potential increases after 3 years, 9 paid holidays per year and one personal holiday.
Qualified candidates should apply online at NewGround Careers
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at www.NewGround.com
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.