Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve - FOX 35 News Orlando

Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve

Posted: Updated:

SANTA MONICA (CNS/KTTV) - Ryan Seacrest will continue to produce and host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" under a "multi-year" contract extension announced today.

Seacrest began co-hosting the show with Clark in 2005, but he took over full-time hosting duties last year following Clark's death.

"I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with `Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,"' Seacrest said, thanking Dick Clark Productions' CEO Allen Shapiro for continuing their partnership.

"I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver," he said.

The show will continue to be aired on ABC. The exact length of the contract extension with Seacrest was not announced.

"Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005," Shapiro said. "He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show.

It's very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that."

  • Los Angeles & SoCal NewsLos Angeles & SoCal NewsMore>>

  • Actor Jason Patric Resumes Controversial Child Custody Trial

    Actor Jason Patric Resumes Controversial Child Custody Trial

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 12:17 PM EDT2014-09-02 16:17:04 GMT
    Jason Patric, Actor, Activist and Founder of 'Stand Up for Gus', returned to court on Tuesday, September 2 to resume the trial that was erroneously aborted by the prior trial judge and directed to take place by the Court of Appeal, which was ruled in Jason's favor.
    Jason Patric, Actor, Activist and Founder of 'Stand Up for Gus', returned to court on Tuesday, September 2 to resume the trial that was erroneously aborted by the prior trial judge and directed to take place by the Court of Appeal, which was ruled in Jason's favor.
  • Mayor Eric Garcetti: We Need To Make Sure People Have Enough To Spend For The Economy

    Mayor Eric Garcetti: We Need To Make Sure People Have Enough To Spend For The Economy

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:21 AM EDT2014-09-02 15:21:24 GMT
    Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has used Labor Day to call for raising the city's minimum wage. Garcetti on Monday announced a proposal hike from the current $9 per hour to $13.25 in 2017.
    Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has used Labor Day to call for raising the city's minimum wage. Garcetti on Monday announced a proposal hike from the current $9 per hour to $13.25 in 2017.
  • Four Dead In Labor Day Multiple Shootings

    Four Dead In Labor Day Multiple Shootings

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 11:09 AM EDT2014-09-02 15:09:30 GMT
    At least four people were killed in South Los Angeles in a series of Labor Day shootings that also left several victims wounded, police said today.
    At least four people were killed in South Los Angeles in a series of Labor Day shootings that also left several victims wounded, police said today.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices