People who live on or near Indiana Avenue in Deland heard an explosion around 11:40 a.m. Friday morning. They ran outside to see flames, and experienced some thick smoke.
David Van Zandt was inside his home when he heard the blast. He tells FOX 35 News, the worst explosion you could have ever imagine happened. "You could have heard it downtown, I'm sure. It was just incredible," Van Zandt said.
He said he ran outside and saw the back end of his neighbors home literally blown out, and the woods between their homes was on fire. Fire officials believe propane tanks in the home caused the blast.
More than 20 fire fighters sprayed the home and nearby land for nearly two hours to control the blaze. The man inside the home, 65 year old George Stokes suffered some burns.
He was taken to the hospital by hospital. The State Firemarshall's office is investigating.
35 Skyline DriveLake Mary, FL 32746
Phone: (407) 644-3535News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35