Maneet Chauhan is a judge on "Chopped" and will be involved in the Super Chefs event Thursday night at the Prince George Ballroom. It is a benefit for an organization that works with elementary schools in New York City bringing arts, fitness, literacy and other education factors to more than 2,500 kids.
Here is a recipe from Chauhan:
Malai Chicken Hot Dog
(Indian spiced chicken dogs, mango mustard)
2 lbs chicken keema
1 tbsp garlic grated
1 tbsp ginger grated
¼ cup cream cheese
2 red onions chopped
4 tbsp tandoori masala
2 jalapeno's grated
½ cup chopped mint
½ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup chopped ginger
1 tsp kastoori methi
2 eggs, well beaten
Granny smith apple pickled in apple cider
Jalapeno slices pickled in apple cider
Brioche hot dog bun's
1 cup mustard
½ cup mango pulp
½ tsp dried mint
½ cup brunoised mango
Mix all the ingredients.
1. Mix all the ingredients for the chicken dogs thoroughly. Form dogs and sear. Cook till done.
2. Sear the hot dog bun's in butter, add mayo, top with arugula, chicken dog, pickled apple and Jalapeno.
3. Serve topped with Mango mustard.
Nimbu Pani Mint Julep
§ ½ cup water
§ ½ cup sugar
§ ¾ tsp. black Indian rock salt
§ 2 juicy limes
§ ½ bunch mint leaves
§ Crushed ice
§ 2 ounces good-quality Kentucky bourbon
§ seltzer water
§ Fresh mint sprig
1. In a small saucepan, combine ½ cups water with the sugar, black salt and ½ bunch of mint. Heat over medium high until the sugar and salt dissolve into a sweet and salty simple syrup. Place in the fridge to cool. The mint Syrup is ready
2. Squeeze the limes into a pitcher and add the chilled simple syrup.
3. Crush or muddle a few mint leaves in the bottom of an 8-ounce Mint Julep Cup until mixture forms a paste.
4. Then top 1/2 full with crushed or shaved ice. Add prepared Mint Syrup, seltzer, and bourbon. Stir until the silver cup is frosted on the outside. NOTE: A glass tumbler will not frost on the outside.
5. To serve, garnish with a fresh sprig of mint.