Source: 2nd arrest made in Detroit barbershop shooting - FOX 35 News Orlando

Source: 2nd arrest made in connection with Detroit barbershop shooting

Posted: Updated:
DETROIT (WJBK) -

Detroit police have made another arrest in connection to a barbershop shooting that left three people dead and six others injured, according to a police source.
UPDATE: That person has since been released due to a lack of evidence.

The source tells FOX 2's Taryn Asher the person was of interest was apprehended near Conant and Davison Thursday evening after tips led to his whereabouts. No further details were made available.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig said 20 to 30 people were gambling in a tiny back room at Al's Barber Shop in a strip mall shortly before 6 p.m. on Nov. 6 when shots were fired from a high-powered rifle through an open back door.

When the gunfire began, the gamblers tried to escape the room through a door that led back into the barbershop, but that the jam of bodies prevented them from escaping.

"The shooter struck nine of the individuals inside the location," Craig said, adding that many people in the room were armed and at least one returned fire.

Larry O'Neil, 31, was apprehended last week and also considered a person of interest in the case. He is in federal custody after charges of felonious assault of a federal officer after police say he tried to run over an agent in Rochester Hills last week.

FOX 2 will continue to gather information and update this story as more becomes available.

- The Associated Press contributed to this report

  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices