Homeless man attacks elderly person in subway, NYPD says - FOX 35 News Orlando

Homeless man attacks elderly person in subway, NYPD says

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

A homeless man is behind bars after allegedly attacking an elderly man by pushing him onto the subway tracks in Harlem.

The NYPD say a 72-year-old man was pushed off the platform at St. Nicholas Avenue and 145th Street at about 4:30 p.m. on Friday.

Straphangers managed to pull the victim back up to safety before a train came. The victim had reportedly been on the platform with his wife before the incident.

The victim, identified in media reports as Shou Kuan Lin, reportedly suffered a broken collarbone and cracked skull. He was in critical condition at St. Luke's Hospital on Saturday night.

57-year-old Rudralall Baldeo, is charged with second degree attempted murder and assault.

“He’s a homeless person who pushed a stranger onto the subway tracks with no prior provocation,” Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Christopher Lin said. “The probability of death in this case is high.”

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices