David Kirsch, trainer to the stars and author of several best-selling health and fitness books, shares his tips, tricks and advice on creating a healthy meal perfect for football season.
ROASTED RED PEPPER AND ALMOND DIP
Makes 3 servings
Nonfat vegetable cooking spray 1 large garlic clove, smashed 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 3 roasted red bell peppers, halved, membranes removed 1/2 cup organic raw almonds, coarsely chopped 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt Pepper
1. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
2. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Place cooled roasted red peppers in a food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
4. Add the almonds, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
5. Pulse just until coarsely ground.
6. Slowly add the oil, and pulse one or two more times.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
THESE ARE THE RECIPES HE WILL BRING ALREADY PREPARED:
SESAME CHICKEN FINGERS W/ LOW FAT PEANUT SAUCE
Makes 1 serving
1/4 teaspoon light soy sauce 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon water 1 teaspoon turmeric 1 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced into 4 strips 1 tablespoon toasted black and white sesame seeds
1. In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard, water, and turmeric.
2. Marinate the chicken in the mixture up to 1 hour.
3. Coat the chicken with sesame seeds.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Place the chicken on a nonstick baking pan.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken strips are cooked through.
GUILTLESS TURKEY BURGER SLIDERS
Makes 2 servings
4 ounces lean ground buffalo meat 4 ounces lean ground turkey breast 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 2 tablespoons low-sugar, low-sodium barbecue sauce 2 egg whites, lightly beaten Nonfat vegetable cooking spray
1. Mix all of the ingredients except the cooking spray in a large bowl.
2. Form the mixture into two patties.
3. Spray a barbecue grill or nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium-high heat.
4. Place the patties on grill or skillet, and cook about 8 minutes per side (for medium), until cooked through.