Clippers Waive G Maalik Wayns - FOX 35 News Orlando

Clippers Waive G Maalik Wayns

Posted: Updated:

LOS ANGELES (FOX 11 / AP) - The Los Angeles Clippers have waived guard Maalik Wayns.

He didn't appear in a game for the team this season after missing the first 33 games with a torn left meniscus.

The 22-year-old former Villanova player appeared in six games with the Clippers last season and averaged 3.3 points and 1.2 assists. Wayns has played in 27 career NBA games with the Clippers and Philadelphia 76ers.

The team announced the move Sunday.

  • Los Angeles & SoCal NewsLos Angeles & SoCal NewsMore>>

  • Hurricane Marie Brings High Surf, Coastal Flooding To SoCal Coast

    Hurricane Marie Brings High Surf, Coastal Flooding To SoCal Coast

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 2:40 PM EDT2014-08-27 18:40:13 GMT

    Big waves swelled by distant Hurricane Marie kept lifeguards busy at Orange and Los Angeles county beaches today as surfers braved the roiling waters, and officials warned inexperienced swimmers to stay out of the ocean.

    Big waves swelled by distant Hurricane Marie kept lifeguards busy at Orange and Los Angeles county beaches today as surfers braved the roiling waters, and officials warned inexperienced swimmers to stay out of the ocean.

  • Businesses Troubled Over Garcetti's Proposal To Raise The Minimum Wage

    Businesses Troubled Over Garcetti's Proposal To Raise The Minimum Wage

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 12:05 PM EDT2014-08-27 16:05:20 GMT
    Los Angeles business leaders said today they were troubled by a proposal being shopped by Mayor Eric Garcetti that would raise the minimum wage in Los Angeles to as much as $13.50 an hour by 2017.
    Los Angeles business leaders said today they were troubled by a proposal being shopped by Mayor Eric Garcetti that would raise the minimum wage in Los Angeles to as much as $13.50 an hour by 2017.
  • Police: Arrested Sylmar Man Is Behind Multi Drive By Shootings

    Police: Arrested Sylmar Man Is Behind Multi Drive By Shootings

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-08-27 14:34:37 GMT
    A Sylmar man suspected in the killings of three people on Sunday in the San Fernando Valley was charged today with murder and attempted murder involving separate shootings last week in the Pacoima area and West Hollywood.
    A Sylmar man suspected in the killings of three people on Sunday in the San Fernando Valley was charged today with murder and attempted murder involving separate shootings last week in the Pacoima area and West Hollywood.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices