Woman accidentally sets TP’d home on fire - FOX 35 News Orlando

Woman accidentally sets TP’d home on fire

Posted: Updated:
DORA, AL -

An Alabama thought it was a good idea to clean up a prank by lighting it on fire, but it went horribly wrong the moment she struck the match.

Fox affiliate WBRC in Birmingham reports that Cheryl Crausewell accidentally set her house on fire when she and her son were trying to get rid of the last bits of toilet paper from a prank someone played on her.

"It just, ya know, popped out into a little patch and we tried to put it out, and it just kept going," Crausewll said. "So, I was trying to keep it going from going towards the front porch, but it came down the front bank and, ya know, around the back of the house."

Crausewell, her son, elderly aunt, mom and aunt's caretaker were at the Hickory Ridge community home in Dora Monday afternoon.  

Luckily, no one was hurt, but the home was damaged beyond repair.

"A lot of memories, Crausewell said. "Ya know, my son was about a year and a half when we moved here and he really doesn't remember living anywhere else. And, this is where we thought we would be for a long, long time."

The family lived in the home for 12 years.

Follow us on Pinterest

 

FOX 35 Weather Authority

Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices