The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) was founded in 1905 as an educational, research and scientific association organized to raise and maintain the standards of anesthesiology and improve patient care. Today we have over 50,000 members dedicated to our mission of improving patient care and patient safety.
ASA offers a growing work environment with excellent benefits and work-life balance (37.5 hour work weeks, flexible start times, etc.). Due to growth, we are relocating from Park Ridge, IL to Schaumburg, IL in May 2014.
We are currently seeking a Web and Digital Services Developer and Designer for our corporate location.
The Web and Digital Services Developer and Designer is responsible for the front end technical and graphical aspects of our website, including the development and design of major and minor Web applications and components for ASA's Web site and intranet. This position will design, develop, test and deliver web sites, applications and components. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. User Experience best practices and design methods will be utilized to insure the success of the projects. Experience in graphics, layout, scripting, web programming and other web-based technologies required.
- Responsible for the design, layout, and front end coding of web pages, graphics, multimedia, GUIs.
- Writes programming code, either from scratch, or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, audio enhancements, etc. Secures photo and or video rights as-needed.
- Serves on web and digital production project teams for interactives, audio, video and other multimedia
- Tests website and identifies any technical problems. Collaborates with other teams within IT to work on web development projects and technical issues.
- Develops and builds code for Marketing email templates within email delivery programs such as Exact Target.
- Develops web strategies with the ASA Marketing staff. Executes web-based results-oriented direct response programs.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Communications, Web Content/Design, or related discipline.
- 4 years of experience working as a web designer on a production team.
- 4 years of experience in designing and developing websites and/or web applications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with web content management systems (WCMS/CMS) using templates and other design components. Sitecore experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of website navigation and GUI and Search for maximizing usability.
- Front-end website and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
- Practical experience in development of HTML, CSS, Jquery graphics creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), multimedia creation with Flash, ActionScript, (Macromedia Studio).
- Mobile design experience required. HTML5 or CSS3 experience preferred.
- Email delivery experience required. Exact Target experience preferred.
If interested, please go to the following link to apply: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8044361.
View this listing here: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/npo/4301386205.html