An early morning fire occurred in an industrial laundry facility directly across the street from a fire station in downtown Ocala Thursday.
Officials say 21 firefighters with Ocala Fire Rescue responded to the fire alarm at 2:06 a.m. and arrived within one minute to find smoke coming from the south end of the building.
Firefighters say the flames began in a bin of mop heads from spontaneous combustion. Officials say the building valued at $2,000,000 dollars suffered only $1,000 in damage but smoke did affect a portion of the clothing and articles inside. Owners say no one was inside at the time the fire started.
35 Skyline DriveLake Mary, FL 32746
Phone: (407) 644-3535News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35