Reports: Men in North Korea required to get Kim Jong-un haircuts - FOX 35 News Orlando

Reports: Men in North Korea required to get Kim Jong-un haircuts

Posted: Updated:
Credit: Flickr.com Credit: Flickr.com
Every man in North Korea will soon have the same haircut as leader Kim Jong-un, according to media reports.

BBC.com reported the fashion guidelines were introduced about two weeks ago and are now being rolled out across the country.

Apparently people in North Korea had been required to choose from approved styles - 18 for women and 10 for men - for a while.

But the new requirement is pretty "particular" and seems to be unpopular, according to the Korea Times.

One North Korean now living in China told the newspaper the style was once nicknamed the "Chinese smuggler haircut."

-- myFOXDFW.com contributed to this report
  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Pensioners approve Detroit bankruptcy plan

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:39 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:39:04 GMT
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
    The city of Detroit says workers and retirees have approved pension cuts, a crucial step to emerging from the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history. The city reported results Monday after two months of balloting ended July 11. A judge still must hold a trial to determine if Detroit's overall bankruptcy plan is fair and feasible, but support from retirees is vital.
  • DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    DPD's 6th precinct struck by bullets in drive-by shooting

    Monday, July 21 2014 11:06 PM EDT2014-07-22 03:06:31 GMT
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
    Detroit police say bullets struck the 6th Precinct building during a drive-by shooting. This was the same precinct where four officers were shot back in 2011.
  • City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    City turns down Vinsetta Garage's new parking proposal

    Monday, July 21 2014 10:31 PM EDT2014-07-22 02:31:49 GMT
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
    Vinsetta Garage, a popular restaurant in Berkley, proposed to tear down several homes and build a parking lot to solve the parking issue in the neighborhood, but the proposal was turned down Monday at city hall.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
  • What's HotMore>>

  • VIDEO: Hot air balloon crashes into power line

    VIDEO: Hot air balloon crashes into power line

    Monday, July 21 2014 8:20 PM EDT2014-07-22 00:20:24 GMT
    Five people are hurt after a hot air balloon crashed into some power lines in Massachusetts. The scary encounter was apparently captured on multiple cell phones.
    Five people are hurt after a hot air balloon crashed into some power lines in Massachusetts. The scary encounter was apparently captured on multiple cell phones.
  • Daytona Dad Beats Man He Found Allegedly Raping His Son

    Daytona Dad Beats Man He Found Allegedly Raping His Son

    Saturday, July 19 2014 11:24 AM EDT2014-07-19 15:24:16 GMT
    DAYTONA BEACH - A Florida dad who told police he walked in on a man sexually abusing his child, left the suspect motionless and bleeding Friday morning on the living room floor, police said.
    DAYTONA BEACH - A Florida dad who told police he walked in on a man sexually abusing his child, left the suspect motionless and bleeding Friday morning on the living room floor, police said.
  • Earrings for Charlotte: Mich. girl gets new ear after raccoon attack

    Earrings for Charlotte: Mich. girl gets new ear after raccoon attack

    Saturday, July 19 2014 8:45 AM EDT2014-07-19 12:45:08 GMT
    For the first time, we are getting a look at the results of a rare surgery that gave a western Michigan girl a new ear. It's another huge step towards healing for 12-year-old Charlotte Ponce, whose face was disfigured after a raccoon attacked her as a baby.
    For the first time, we are getting a look at the results of a rare surgery that gave a western Michigan girl a new ear. It's another huge step towards healing for 12-year-old Charlotte Ponce, whose face was disfigured after a raccoon attacked her as a baby.

Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices