Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google H - FOX 35 News Orlando

Students sound off on Cannon arrest and resignation via Google Hangout

Posted: Updated:
  • Cheryl BrayboyMore>>

Cheryl Brayboy

Friday, March 14 2014 4:19 PM EDT2014-03-14 20:19:45 GMT
    I have been working in television for 15 exciting years! I got my start in Chicago – my hometown - as an intern on the “Jerry Springer Show” and as guest co-host on “Face to Face: The Vernon Jarrett Show” (WLS TV).

Comedy, Improv, and the Spiritual Spark

Comedy, Improv, and the Spiritual Spark

Thursday, August 28 2014 6:57 PM EDT2014-08-28 22:57:59 GMT
    Improvisation can be wildly entertaining! Talented actors assume outrageous characters on stage, constructing hilarious scenes off the cuff. Imagine if spirituality were part of the equation, the fuel that gets actors' creative engines purring. Over the Counter Improv (OTC Improv) in Charlotte has mastered the skill of spontaneous dramatizations like the best in the business. The secret ingredient to their on stage genius may be spiritual in nature. Meet the owner and his team.

Woman Rabbi Takes Charge

Woman Rabbi Takes Charge

Tuesday, August 26 2014 10:58 PM EDT2014-08-27 02:58:05 GMT
    She is a powerhouse in the Charlotte faith community: Rabbi Judy Schindler, Senior Pastor of Temple Beth El. Don't let her petite frame fool you. Rabbi Schindler packs a powerful punch when it comes to community outreach: promoting interfaith understanding is a priority.
Here is the scoop from our GOOGLE Hangout.

They're calling it the shock heard around the state. It's a talker: the arrest and resignation of Mayor Patrick Cannon. Joining us to discuss: Jeremiah Chapman who is a community organizer in Charlotte, an MBA student and a former JCSU student. Also joining us is Lillian Mayer, a student and Charlotte native.

Both Chapman and Mayer say they were surprised to hear the news about Patrick Cannons arrest Wednesday.

"It was something I didn't expect," Chapman said. He was at work when he heard the news. "I just met Patrick Cannon recently, and I was shocked to hear the news."

Mayer was also at work when she got the news.

"I was definitely surprised. I was at work and I saw it first on social media, and I had to go to my news sources and validate it. I was surprised."

The vast majority of people seem surprised by the recent events, including those in the political sphere. Some students today said they believe it was entrapment.  Chapman believes it definitely could be entrapment since federal agents have been trailing him since 2010.  Mayer agrees.

"Just to hear the large amounts of money they lured him with, it's suspicious," she said.

• Local NewsMore>>

Mooresville Woman Sending Special Bandanas To Troops

Monday, September 1 2014 10:31 PM EDT2014-09-02 02:31:29 GMT
    A Mooresville woman is sending bandanas to troops overseas. But these are not just ordinary bandanas, they are from Operation Bandanas.

A Holiday Dedicated to Working People Ends Up With Protests

Monday, September 1 2014 10:22 PM EDT2014-09-02 02:22:19 GMT
    Marshall Park in Charlotte was filled with hundreds of people. Protesting what is traditionally a holiday aimed at celebrating the working people, but instead, begging for higher wages for those working jobs with hourly rates.

Third Annual 'Yard Art Day' in Charlotte

Monday, September 1 2014 9:42 PM EDT2014-09-02 01:42:30 GMT
    It's a day where so called ‘yardists' decorate their yards with art.
    It's a day where so called ‘yardists' decorate their yards with art.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices