Gov. Pat Quinn announced nearly $23 million in funding Thursday for construction projects in Cook, DuPage, Lake and McHenry counties.
Roughly $10.4 million of that funding will go toward projects in Cook County, while Lake and McHenry counties will see nearly $6.9 million worth of new construction projects, the governor's office said.
Will County will see $2.9 million in funding, while DuPage County will receive about $2.6 million for projects there.
Nearly all of the contracts were awarded to contractors based in the Chicago area, most of whom turned in the lowest bid for their respective projects, according to information provided by the governor's office.
The Illinois Department of Transportation will manage the work. Projects include:
• $3,228,206 to widen and modernize West Lake Avenue from Pfingsten Road to North Lake Terrace in Schaumburg
• $2,502,068 to rehabilitate the Route 132 (Grand Avenue) Bridge over the Des Plaines River in Gurnee
• $1,965,894 for sidewalk and sewer repair on Roosevelt Road from 23rd to 17th avenues in Broadview
• $1,663,345 to widen and resurface the intersection of 151st Street and Peskes Road in Homer Glen
• $1,537,398 to improve Jandus Cut Off Road in Cary
• $1,506,000 to install energy efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems at three Driver Services Facilities in Chicago
• $1,183,523 to resurface Route 131 between Rosecrans and Russell roads in Zion, Benton and Newport townships
• $1,043,882 to replace a bridge over Plum Creek east of Route 394 in Coal City
• $1,027,227 to repave and improve Bunker Hill Drive in Algonquin
• $946,037 to improve Naper Boulevard from Gartner Road to Chicago Avenue in Naperville
• $897,725 to resurface Des Plaines Avenue from 26th Street to Cermak Road in North Riverside
• $896,735 to improve Park Boulevard between Devon and Thorndale avenues in Itasca
• $717,900 to modernize traffic signals on Route 50 through Oak Lawn
• $664,248 to widen and rehabilitate Oak Park Avenue between South and 183rd streets in Tinley Park
• $551,796 to resurface Main Street from Lincoln Avenue to Skokie Boulevard in Skokie
• $492,950 to replace a box culvert over Mokeler Creek south of Route 173 in Harvard
• $451,167 to demolish buildings at three sites along the Elgin-O'Hare Expressway in Franklin Park and Itasca
• $353,698 to improve stretches of Cicero Avenue between 111th and 123rd Streets in Alsip
• $347,212 to resurface Center Drive in Woodridge
• $247,255 to repair and replace sidewalks, earth work, curbs and gutters in Lockport
• $167,321 for tree pruning, removal and landscaping work on Route 22 from Route 21 to I-94 in Lake County
• $127,829 for sidewalk repairs throughout Countryside