From projects to meetings, sometimes it is impossible to get out of the office. Workplace psychologist Dr. Mimi Hull shared some ways to leave work on time and still get everything done.
Dr. Hull said being productive at work in order to get out on time is all about being proactive.
1. Keep track of your time Put all your tasks on paper, even if you have schedules or planners on your phone.
2. Set priorities Secondly, she said ask yourself, "What's really important?" and focus on that. Dr. Hull recommends doing the tasks you hate first to get them out of the way.
3. Set an alarm Give yourself a set amount of time to complete a task so you will work faster and more urgently.
4. Set aside time to do email and return calls Dr. Hull said especially if your email or phone make noise, it will distract you. Constantly checking emails, phone calls and social media can be a huge distraction and time-waster. She recommends setting aside a specific time and then focus on your other work for the rest of the day.
5. Plan for both work and personal life By planning to go to the gym, setting up dinner with a friend or making time for your family at home, getting home also becomes a priority. Dr. Hull said give yourself a reason to leave. That way you will make sure your work gets done so you can get out the door.