Home destroyed by flames in Surprise - FOX 35 News Orlando

Home destroyed by flames in Surprise

Posted: Updated:
Investigators are trying to figure out what sparked a garage fire in Surprise that ended up engulfing an entire home on Tuesday night.

It happened around 9 p.m. near 163rd Avenue and Jomax.

Viewer David Puls caught massive flames coming from the home on his cell phone.

Firefighters don't know how the flames started, but the home is being considered a total loss.

Neighbors say they heard at least two loud explosions before they spotted flames coming from the garage. At some point, the garage door flew off and landed in the street.

"My wife and I were in [our] house and I heard a loud explosion and I ran out into the backyard and I saw the smoke and I told her to call 911," said J.J. Jaramillo. "We went to the front door and started shouting if anybody was in the house. I went to the kitchen and through the house to see if anybody was in there. By then, I heard my wife yelling to get out. Everybody was safe."

The homeowners were down the street when the fire broke out. No one was hurt.
Didn't find what
you were looking for?

Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices