Cam Newton Writes Touching Facebook Tribute To Fallen Teammate - FOX 35 News Orlando

Cam Newton Writes Touching Facebook Tribute To Fallen Teammate

Posted: Updated:
  • Steven GaitherSteven GaitherMore>>

Steven Gaither

Thursday, May 22 2014 12:23 PM EDT2014-05-22 16:23:15 GMT
    I guess you could say my journalism career began about the time I won “Best Storyteller” in my kindergarten class. I’m a proud graduate of Winston-Salem State University, where I worked at the school newspaper for four years, three as sports editor and one as editor-in-chief.

Jefferson Named All-NBA Third Team

Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:37 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:37:05 GMT
    Jefferson is the fifth Charlotte player to win All-NBA Honors.
    Jefferson is the fifth Charlotte player to win All-NBA Honors.

Hamlin, Gibbs Get NASCAR's Biggest Points Penalty of All-Time

Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:21 PM EDT2014-07-30 02:21:26 GMT
    Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing were hit with heavy sanctions following Sunday’s race at The Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis.
Cam Newton has a reputation for being somewhat brash, but the Carolina Panthers quarterback showed his softer side with a touching tribute to fallen teammate. Newton took to Facebook to write a compelling post to his former teammate Phillip Lutzenkirchen, who was killed in a car accident early Sunday morning.

Newton began his post by questioning why the former Auburn tight end's death.

“But as I sit and think about it, I do know that God makes NO mistakes,” he said.

“If anything, for everyone who's sees this; I challenge you to forgive whatever someone did to you, tell/text someone "you love them", or even help someone who is having a "not so good day" because one thing I do know is that LIFE IS TO SHORT for someone to be holding grudges and for you not to be at peace with yourself at the end of the day!”

Lutzenkirchen and Newton played together on the Auburn team that won the 2010 BCS National Championship.

"GOOD-BYE! Or should I say SEE YOU LATER "LUTZ"! Newton said. "See you on the other side of the pearly gates my teammate, my friend, MY BROTHER who was truly an AUburn Man! WAR EAGLE my man, WE WILL MISS YOU!!"

Visit Newton's Facebook page for the full post.

• Local NewsMore>>

Reward Money for Erica Parsons Case Increased

Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:12 PM EDT2014-07-30 18:12:49 GMT
    The Rowan County Sheriff’s office and a local advocacy group have added additional rewards in the Erica Parsons case.The sheriff’s office added $10,000 to its original award offering of $10,000. Prevent Child Abuse Rowan has also put forth $5,000 to be added to the pot.The FBI is offering a $25,000 award in addition to the awards from the sheriff’s office and the advocacy groupIn total, $50,000 will be awarded for information leading to the location of Erica.

Charlotteans React to Federal Court Ruling on Gay Marriage

Wednesday, July 30 2014 1:17 PM EDT2014-07-30 17:17:08 GMT
    The Human Rights Campaign held a party to celebrate the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals ruling on marriage equality in Virginia. The gathering was at Cathode Azure Club in Charlotte.

Where To Park at Charlotte Premium Outlets?

Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:41 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:41:56 GMT
    In less than 48 hours, Charlotte will open a new outlet mall at Steele Creek off I-485.
Powered by WorldNow

35 Skyline Drive
Lake Mary, FL 32746

Phone: (407) 644-3535
News Tips: (866) 55-FOX35

Didn't find what you were looking for?
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices